Here are a few Calgary New Years Eve events that are happening in the Inner City. Calgary Transit is offering 15 minute C-Train service until 3am to help you get home safely!
Looking for a family friendly atmosphere? Join the City of Calgary downtown for free, family friendly activities.
- The City of Calgary Family Dance Party kicks off at 7pm and features some fun for families with little ones who might not make it to midnight. The event features dancing, activities and a countdown at 9pm!
- The City of Calgary Outdoor Celebration picks up at 9pm and goes on until midnight. Bring your skates to enjoy the ice at Olympic Plaza, as well as live music, ice sculptures and a countdown to midnight.
- Want to stay out of the cold? December 31st at 1pm is the last showing of Alberta Theatre Projects’ family show Charlotte’s Web.
Looking to treat yourself to one final fancy meal before hitting the gym and cutting up your credit cards in early 2015? Look not further than these delectable dinners happening on December 31st.
- NYE at Rush Ocean Prime – Try the chef’s tasting menu, or if you’re headed to the Flames game you can get an express meal that includes a shuttle ride to the area.
- NYE at Charcut – Enjoy a 5 course meal at CHARCUT Roast House on New Year’s Eve, with an early and late seating.
- NYE at River Cafe – Enjoy a regionally inspired menu with expertly paired wines. The website describes the menu as “An Elegant and Sumptuous Celebration” so you know you’re in for a treat.
- NTNL 8 NYE – Occupying what was once WEST nightclub, NTNL8 continues the tradition of it’s Beltline brothers and brings National to Downtown Calgary. National has partnered with Tool Shed Brewery for a four course beer paired meal.
- Goro & Gun NYE – Inspired by traditional Japanese New Year’s Eve and Day menus, Goro & Gun offers a 3 course meal and $5 sake all night long. For entertainment there will be a traditional Taiko drum demonstration and late-night karaoke.
- Murrieta’s Bar & Grill – An indulgent 3 course meal is on offer, as well as a la carte service from the already amazing Murrieta’s menu. The event also features band Bow River to help ring in the new year.
Looking for luxury with a side of dancing? Grab your party dress and some dancing shoes and we’ll see you at one of these fancy parties.
- Standard Speakeasy NYE – An elegant and exciting event featuring a world-class DJ, live Big Band and a midnight champagne toast. Celebrating the classic era of Hollywood, you’ll be treated like Sinatra or Monroe as you ring in the new year.
- Sock Hop O’ Doom – Fancy dress not your thing? Headbang away at Flames Central with metal band Black Label Society for their Sock Hop O’ DOOM.
- Roadhouse Masquerade Ball – Become someone else by donning a mask and ringing in the new year at the Roadhouse. Your ticket is valid for no line no cover.
- Beatmatrix New Year’s Eve – Join Beatmatrix at the Metropolitan convention centre for a ‘One Night in Paris’ gala. Relive the glory days of Paris for high fashion, delightful food, and entertainment including mimes and burlesque dancers! Ooh lala!
- Casino Royale Singles Party – An elegant party with a twist! Enjoy a casino themed evening where you could win a prize for winning the most ‘Play Money’ or put your heart on the line and mingle with other
Getting ready to buy a home? Make sure you ask these 10 key questions when you submit your mortgage application 1. What is the interest rate on this mortgage? Ask for the lender’s loan estimate, which breaks down the interest rate and fees. It will include the annual percentage rate, or APR, which accounts for […]
Home maintenance isn’t restricted to repairs. In fact, certain tasks–when performed regularly–may actually prevent things from breaking in the first place. But when things do go wrong (and it’s inevitable that they do), we have some backup plans that you can try before you grab the phone to call for pro. Appliances and plumbing are […]
January Market Report! Homes provide shelter and refuge, but they are also most Albertan homeowners’ single largest investment. Housing represents 47% of total assets for the average Alberta family – much higher than stock market investments and pension plans combined (29%). Why is this important? Because homeownership benefits the economy as a whole, as well […]
Buying Secret #10: Keep Your Money Where It Is It’s not wise to make any huge purchases or move your money around three to six months before buying a new home. You don’t want to take any big chances with your credit profile. Lenders need to see that you’re reliable and they want a complete […]
Winter storms and cold temperatures can be hazardous. Stay safe and healthy by planning ahead. Prepare your home and cars. Prepare for power outages and outdoor activity. Check on older adults. Although winter comes as no surprise, many of us are not ready for its arrival. If you are prepared for the hazards of winter, […]