Its officially three weeks until Christmas and the season is now in full swing! If you aren’t already, its time to get into the spirit with some festive holiday events this weekend. Whether you’re shopping or just looking for some Christmas cheer, we’ve got some great ideas for you this weekend!
Every holiday season the inner city is the place to be to get into the spirit. Check it out!
- Zoolights! (Now until Saturday, January 2 from 6 to 9 p.m.)- Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo is back with more holiday cheer, festive spirit, and family fun than ever. With over 1.5 million lights, 200 displays, crackling fire pits, steamy hot chocolate, and four fun-filled activity zones (with many new additions!), the Calgary Zoo transforms into a true magical winter wonderland. Most magical of all, is its ability to bring friends and family together during the holiday season. Cost: $14 for admission.
- Christmas in Kensington – From Saturday November 28th until Sunday December 20th, Kensington, one of our favourite inner city communities will fill their weekends with fun, free family-friendly activities, including; horse and wagon rides, a petting zoo, free hot-chocolate and coffee, “selfies with Santa” and a a ton of wonderful Christmas shopping! To learn a little bit more about some of Kensington’s neighbouring communities, check out Sunnyside and Hillhurst.
- Market Collective – Every weekend from now until Christmas Market Collective will feature a difference line up of musicians, artists, and vendors showcasing their unique offerings this holiday season. At the Chinese Cultural Centre, Market Collective will have local art, music, a photobooth, interactive displays, yummy treats, food trucks, DIY workshops and much much more! Cost: $5 for admission.
- Winter Word Fair – This evening from 6-9pm the Central Library transforms into a Christmas book market for one night. Shop for books, browse the paper products, chat with reading experts and listen to some Christmas jazz. There will also be a few special guests present, including Jay Ingram, Julie Van Rosendaal and Tom Keenan, sharing their top five book suggestions. Cost: Free!
- The Lougheed House – Head down to Connaught to check out the Lougheed House, this December the entire house will be filled with glamorous holiday decor by the Calgary Design Group, Eisenbergs’ Fine Furniture, Bracko Brothers Furniture and Fair Deals Furniture/91 Designs. To top it off, Christmas trees fill nearly every room and on weekends, live music, crafts, snacks and performances will be on offer!
We hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy all of the wonderful events and festivities filling the Calgary Inner City this weekend!