If you’re looking for some great holiday ideas to spend some time with friends and family this weekend, we’ve got some great ideas for you! There are a few options so lets dive right in!
- The CP Holiday Train – The brightly lit CP Holiday train rolls in to town this evening and will be arriving at Anderson LRT Station at 6:45pm with Jim Cuddy, Devin cuddy, and Kevin Prescott in tow. The Holiday Train program is encouraging people attending events to bring heart healthy donations. Heart health education and awareness is a tenet of CP’s community investment program, CP Has Heart, which focuses on improving the heart health of men, women and children in communities across North America. Best of all, this event is totally free!
- Theatre Calgary’s, A Christmas Carol – Calgary’s favourite holiday tradition continues to warm the hearts of young and old. Stephen Hair returns for his 22nd year as Ebenezer Scrooge in a production hailed by the Calgary Herald as “an annual gift that deserves to be treasured and passed down from generation to generation.” The play definitely puts everyone attending in the Christmas spirit, as shown in the lobby after the performance with all of the smiles, laughter, and hugs. Tickets are selling fast to check it out soon!
- Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo– ZOOLIGHTS is back with more holiday cheer, festive spirit, and family fun than ever. Looking for things to do this weekend, or during the week? Experience over 1.5 million lights, 200 displays, crackling fire pits, steamy hot chocolate, and four fun-filled activity zones(with many new additions!), that transform the Calgary Zoo into a magical winter wonderland. Most magical of all, is its ability to bring friends and family together during the holiday season. Tickets are $14 for adults and $11 for kids.
- Naught but Nice – A seasonal treat that knows that Santa’s Your Daddy and that there’s nothing better than Bailey’s for Breakfast! For those of you who saw last year’s show, Naughty but Nice! will retain audience favorites like Elf on the Shelf and Brendan the Brown-Nosed Reindeer but, with new songs and sketches, theevening promises some surprises as well! Tickets are $10.
- Christmas in Kensington – From Saturday November 28th until Sunday December 20th, Kensington, one of our favourite inner city communities will fill their weekends with fun, free family-friendly activities, including; horse and wagon rides, a petting zoo, free hot-chocolate and coffee, “selfies with Santa” and a a ton of wonderful Christmas shopping! To learn a little bit more about some of Kensington’s neighbouring communities, check out Sunnyside and Hillhurst.
- Market Collective – Every weekend from now until Christmas Market Collective will feature a difference line up of musicians, artists, and vendors showcasing their unique offerings this holiday season. At the Chinese Cultural Centre, Market Collective will have local art, music, a photobooth, interactive displays, yummy treats, food trucks, DIY workshops and much much more! Cost: $5 for admission.
With just a couple of weekends left before Christmas, be sure to start ticking the events off your list!