Its that final weekend before Christmas so if there are any events that you’d love to visit, now’s the time to do it! Between the Star Wars premiere and last minute Christmas shopping, there may be a few other items on the agenda but we’ve got it on good authority that there are definitely some events worth checking out over the next couple of days.
So lets check it out!
- Skate with Santa – Skate with Santa is on at Olympic Plaza (11 am to 3 p.m) on Saturday, Dec.19. Bring your own equipment or borrow skates and helmets on site. For those who may need a little help, Wild Rose Skating Club will be on hand to give skating tips and entertain with a few skating performances. The event is free and open to people of all ages.
- Alberta Ballet’s The Nutcracker – Edmund Stripe’s multimillion-dollar vision of E.T.A. Hoffmann’s magical tale of Klara and her Nutcracker Prince continues to dazzle audiences across Canada in a glittering production. Your family will love the exquisite choreography, Tchaikovsky’s immortal score, the marvelous sets and costumes, and the Sugarplum Parties with pre-show activities for young and old alike. This is a winter experience to be savoured and shared.
- Christmas in Kensington – From Saturday November 28th until Sunday December 20th, Kensington, one of our favourite inner city communities will fill their weekends with fun, free family-friendly activities, including; horse and wagon rides, a petting zoo, free hot-chocolate and coffee, “selfies with Santa” and a a ton of wonderful Christmas shopping! To learn a little bit more about some of Kensington’s neighbouring communities, check out Sunnyside and Hillhurst.
- Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo– ZOOLIGHTS is back with more holiday cheer, festive spirit, and family fun than ever. Looking for things to do this weekend, or during the week? Experience over 1.5 million lights, 200 displays, crackling fire pits, steamy hot chocolate, and four fun-filled activity zones(with many new additions!), that transform the Calgary Zoo into a magical winter wonderland. Most magical of all, is its ability to bring friends and family together during the holiday season. Tickets are $14 for adults and $11 for kids.
- The Lougheed House – Head down to Connaught to check out the Lougheed House, this December the entire house will be filled with glamorous holiday decor by the Calgary Design Group, Eisenbergs’ Fine Furniture, Bracko Brothers Furniture and Fair Deals Furniture/91 Designs. To top it off, Christmas trees fill nearly every room and on weekends, live music, crafts, snacks and performances will be on offer!
Lots to check out this weekend Calgary, so have a great weekend and a happy holiday!