This week on the YYC Blog we are going to look at some of the top spots to get your sweat on in the inner city. We are midway through winter now and there’s no better time to beat the lull of long winter nights than finding a new studio or class to change up your workout routine!
Each of these studios offers a little something different that makes paying them a visit worthwhile!
- Surf at Studio Revolution Fitness on 17the Ave – If you’re wishing you could be on the beach riding a wave, Studio Rev’s SURFSET® classes are the place to be. There are six different board-based class styles to choose from at the studio, ranging from high intensity interval training (H.I.I.T), more laidback yoga-style sessions and even one set to the musical stylings of a live DJ. If you aren’t quite convinced that you will find your bliss while fighting for your balance, Studio Revolution also offers a few options on solid ground. The weekly schedule includes TRX® suspension training and boot camp classes and personal training is also an option.
- Fit Republic in Bridgeland – If you’re looking for diversity in your workouts Fit Republic has you covered with a wide variety of classes including AntiGravity®, TRX®, rowing, kickboxing, cycling, HIIT, barre and yoga. Looking for something new and exciting? Be sure to try out an Antigravity tryfly class to master the art of strength training in the air. Workout suspended in the air, relying on a hammock-like apparatus to help you get into supported, strengthening poses!
- Visit Junction 9 in Inglewood for a little bit of everything. This beautiful new space features separate studios of yoga, as well as Pilates, and special workshops. With a wide range of classes, you can spend time either relaxing and finding harmony with your body, or your muscles and core. Once you’re done you can also enjoy some Phil and Sebastian coffee, cold pressed juice, or draft Kombucha at their full service Cafe.
- Join one of the many run groups in the inner city area. Run Tuesday nights at 6pm with the lululemon Tuesday Night Run Crew from the lululemon on 4th street with an all levels group of runners, or at 6:30 from the East Village Experience Centre with the Outsiders Run Club, or Wednesday nights at 6pm from the Tech Shop with the Mission a District Run Club.
- Spin at any one of the inner city’s many spin studios including One Cycle, Peloton Cycle, or YYC Cycle in Kensington or Marda Loop. Each studio has their own take on indoor cycling workouts with some following real road videos, and others having you pedal to deep base and vibrant lights. Whatever you choose, you’ll get your sweat on!
Whatever you choose, or however you sweat, there’s always something in the inner city to keep you busy!