If you’re looking for things to do this Valentines Day and things are coming down to the wire, worry not. You’ve probably missed that early window to make fancy restaurant reservations but there are still some really cool options for ways to spend the weekend with that special someone. YYC is full of fun and creative events and activities for Valentines Day, Family Day, or any other weekend!
Here are a few ways to spend the next few days.
- Telus Spark – To celebrate the most flirty time of year, Telus Spark is exploring love from both a physical and psychological perspective. Escort your date into the BODY WORLDS Vital exhibition to see the anatomical ways in which our bodies function. Impress your date by showing them just how large your heart is. Nothing says “Be Mine” like actual human hearts. Then head up to Being Human to explore why you feel the way you do when you’re in love. Discover how compatible you and your date really are and make a lasting memory or a future wish. Be sure to check out the photo booth and share how adorable you and your bae look together – #adorbs.
- Couples Cooking Class – Ignite your passion for great food and great conversation with the person you adore. Spend quality time in the kitchen, learn a new recipe and connect over a delicious meal you’ve prepared together. These classes are fun, romantic and memorable. At the SAIT Campus you can enjoy food that brings people together and tastes that are best when shared with your significant other. Visit SAIT for an evening of quality time in the kitchen as you experiment with new cuisine and prepare a fresh meal to share. Then sit down, relax and enjoy the fruits of your labour with a glass of wine.
- Valentine’s Day Farmer’s Market – The Farmer’s Market is transforming the Calgary Farmer’s Market into a romantic Valentine’s destination. There will be red checkered table cloths, flowers, hearts galore, and lots of entertainment! Share a romantic brunch or lunch with that special someone while duelling pianos spread the love, donating all tip requests to the Calgary Food Bank, and fill the market with love songs. Enjoy a roaming musical quartet, make fruit flower Valentine’s with Poppy Innovations, and capture your love in our romantic photo booth.
- Market Collective – Market Collective is going red for Valentines Day at the Chinese Cultural Centre. MARKET COLLECTIVE is an independent market, created to showcase the works of local artists, artisans and musicians and to strengthen the local community in Calgary. Live music and DJ’s all weekend long. And this Sunday (Valentine’s Day!), every time you use the #marketcollective on Instagram, a print of your Instagram photo will automatically print off at the event.
- Anti-Valentines Day at Ceili’s – No date for Valentine’s Day? Who cares! Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples. Calgary is populated with fun people and this event’s organizers like you to meet every single one of them! Spend the night embracing the single life by partying with Calgary’s most eligible singles at Ceili’s. There will be lots of singles looking to network, mingle and dance the night away!
We hope you have a great one and enjoy this long weekend! Happy Valentines Day and Happy Family Day!