There are a lot of great inner city communities in Calgary, but few are better known than Marda Loop. With over 130 trendy shops, boutiques and restaurants, Marda Loop is a walkable, street-level shopping & dining district in Southwest Calgary. This amazing community gives residents the trendy urban appeal of inner city living with the affordability that comes as you move away from downtown high rises.
With easy access to transit and pathways to reach the core, and close reach to major thoroughfares such as Crowchild and Glenmore Trails, this community simply makes sense for many Calgarians.
In this post we’re going to take a look at a few of Marda Loop’s favourite shops and businesses for you to check out.
- Eat at Belmont Diner to start your day off. Especially known for its unique Eggs Benedict, Montreal Smoked Meat Omelette, and all sorts of pancakes, the Belmont’s breakfast is beyond compare. If you want to get out of the rat race downtown, or are already in the area, the Belmont is a great place to hunker down for a filling meal and great service.
- Shop at Wanderlust Trading Company Ltd. Wanderlust imports beautiful sterling silver jewellery, unique fashion jewellery and accessories, inspiring gifts, home decor and of course, amazing from around the world. Here you’ll find unique pieces at very reasonable prices and an always changing and eclectic mix of products!
- Eat healthy to go at Forage Farm to Fork Foods to Go – Forage is a take-out shop located in Marda Loop that focuses on ready to eat foods made with a majority of local foods from sustainable farms. They’ve created a network of over 40 Alberta farms and producers, that they draw from throughout the year, and create weekly menus based on supply, variety, and even the weather. Along with their Daily Specials they offer fresh baking, ready to heat meals, fresh produce, frozen meals, and a selection of local ‘gourmet’ foods.
- Discover some exotic flavours at Tres Marias Mexican Food Market – With some amazing flavours and food from way down south Tres Marias is committed to providing authentic Mexican food products. Their meals are made with local organic and natural ingredients with old school Mexican recipes. Their products vary from our oven fresh authentic tortillas to our signature salsas and meals to go.
- Grab some coffee at Phil and Sebastian’s Coffee Roasters – Some of the best coffee in town can be found at Phil and Sebastian. At Phil and Seb’s you’ll come to expect the best thanks to their rigorous farm-direct green coffee procurement approach, their advanced, meticulous, quality-tested roasting methods, and their team of über-talented, award-winning baristas.
There are some truly amazing spots to eat, drink, shop, and play in Marda Loop. This community is a great place to live with developments ranging from single detached homes, to infills, townhouses, and condos. Check out a few in this area or some other great inner city communities or give us a call at 403.478.3258 to find a home that suits you.